Sunday, July 3, 2011

Bibap Performance

Bibimbap
       Hey guys! So recently I was provided the opportunity by my university to see a Bibap performance at the Cecil Theater, which is near city hall in Seoul. Now when I first signed up for this experience, I had no idea what it was and I am sure many of you don't know what it is either so allow me to explain. This show is a singing/ break dancing/ beat boxing show about the cooking of Bibimbap, a Korean traditional dish (as shown to the left), and other various foods (pizza, sushi, and Chinese chicken noodle when I went to be exact).




       There are eight people in this show, all dressed like chefs prepared to cook. Two of these people are the two girls whom sing, one soprano and one back up. The soprano is a cute girl who gets angry easily, and the backup is a sexy beast whom sometimes looses control and gets a very manly voice. As for the men in the show, two of the men do beat box and they make every sound used in the show. It is really rather awesome! One of these men is a prankster and the other, a smelly blond. Another set of men can do break dancing and are very talented and strong. Not to mention one of them is really cute. The leads in this show are the other two men. They are the lead chefs and they fight over who gets to cook each meal. They both can also do some awesome gymnastic work. Oh yea and just to remind you, all of these men are talented singers too.
Stage

       Anyways, the show is about this groups task to make different meals for members of the audience. If you go to this show, be prepared to be embarrassed if you get pulled up to stage. They will make you do unusual things, and one time, they even had this old lady help them clean up the stage. All the participants get gifts though so it is still worth the experience. At the end of the show, both chefs make the signature dish of Bibimbap and one of the audience members has to chose the winning chef. The winning team then celebrates and leaves the losing chef on stage.
Bibap Sign

         If you think the performance is over after the cooking show is done, then you are certainly wrong. After the show, each artist shows off their special abilities during a spectacular finally. The show never seems to end and it just gets more mind blowing as time goes on. It is really a wonderful show to see and I am definitely glad I got to go! If you are in Seoul, you should see this performance too! Also, if you would like to see some of it without going, I have uploaded my video of it on Youtube. You can find a link on the side of this blog. I must apologize though, for my camera is poor and I could not hold still from the excitement. Please watch though because it is really funny, and as always, if you have questions, feel free to comment me.

No comments:

Post a Comment